Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Senior Accountant supports the Accounting Manager in establishing and reporting the organization’s financial status by monitoring the systems for collecting, analyzing, and verifying financial information. The Senior Accountant is responsible for a set of customary, senior-level accounting duties and ad-hoc projects performed by the Finance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides support to the Accounting Manager with monthly financial reports review and analyses;
• Reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares and corrects journal entries as needed;
• Reviews specific general ledger accounts reconciliation, as assigned by the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer;
• Assists with annual financial audit and 990 preparations;
• Prepares audit schedules for external auditors;
• Performs month-end close functions to ensure timely reporting;
• Performs accounts analyses;
• Reviews and approves payments with respect to authorizations, approvals, adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and correct general ledger account coding to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures, and posts approved payment batches in the accounting software;
• Reviews journal entries prepared by junior Finance Department accountants;
•Trains and mentors other team members as needed;
• Undertakes other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Accounting Manager; and
• Travels and works annually, national convention and regional conferences, as a staff member.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required;
• Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred;
• Seven (7) years of accounting experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment;
• Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
• Three to five years of general ledger reconciliation experience;
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
• Superior analytical skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets;
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines;
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date; and
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
For consideration, please email your resume along with a cover letter that specifically states your salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please indicate the title of the desired position in the subject line. Incomplete submissions will not receive priority consideration.
To apply for this job please visit staging.deltasigmatheta.org.