Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Procurement Specialist reports to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for working with the Sorority’s Headquarters Departments to develop and execute contract documents. The Specialist will provide oversight over the development of statements of work, deliverables, payment schedules, and other contract requirements. As needed, the Specialist will communicate with vendors and lead contract negotiations. The successful candidate will become familiar with core programs and be able to execute contract activities with minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops an understanding of organizational and program-specific policies and procedures, fosters strong relationships across functional areas, and collaborates with program teams;
• Works proactively to determine when there is a need for a contract, contract extensions, amendments or renewals, and vendor selection as needed;
• Leads a competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) process to facilitate provider selection, due diligence, and risk management evaluation/reporting. This may include referring to an established list of preferred providers by service type, developing proposal solicitation strategies, and coordinating the distribution and/or collection of vendor due diligence information;
• Leads negotiations, planning, and coordination of the negotiations strategy with internal customers and conducts negotiations on pricing, payment schedules, and other provisions;
• Leads purchase requisition process including: confirming budget responsibility, source of funding and proper coding, and market pricing information in support of price negotiations, assisting with writing basic scopes of work and deliverables, and linking payment to deliverables as appropriate;
• Creates contract and grant packages by obtaining necessary and relevant documents from the vendor; accurate and proper coding of contract and grant agreements, purchase orders, and expense items; and facilitating the review, approval, and execution of final contract documents by authorized Delta Sigma Theta and vendor signers;
• Collaborates with Accounts Payable to ensure vendor payments are processed per contract terms and agreement; tracks balances due to vendors to ensure timely processing of vendor invoices;
• Reviews all documents for compliance with Delta Sigma Theta’s policies and procedures; and
• Travels and works annually, national convention and regional conferences, as a staff member.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred;
• Three years of relevant contracting, procurement, or grants administration experience in a complex and fast-paced environment. Experience in non-profit organizations or universities preferred;
• Strong financial management experience, including developing budgets and pricing details in support of work plans, fees, and expenses; generating reports and analyzing and communicating financial data and information;
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Keen attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills;
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, organize time, and work autonomously;
• Ability work professionally and collegially within a creative, fast-paced corporate culture that emphasizes excellence and teamwork;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and manage productive relationships with Headquarters staff, consultants, and partners;
• Relocation assistance not available. Must reside within a 50-mile radius of National Headquarters within six (6) months of start date; and
• Proof of comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination required.
For consideration, please email your resume along with a cover letter that specifically states your salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please indicate the title of the desired position in the subject line. Incomplete submissions will not receive priority consideration.
To apply for this job please visit staging.deltasigmatheta.org.